Friday, October 1, 2010

Is There Anything You Can Do For Me?



“The strong odor of death remained, permeating the air in the house like an uninvited guest, jolting my senses with a one-two punch. The odor was so pungent I popped my head outside the door again, and inhaled the clean, crisp, winter air.” I made my way towards the kitchen, it was too dark to see anything, I flipped the light switch, nothing, maybe a breaker was out? The odor grew stronger. A few feet from my childhood bedroom Bobbie, my mother- lay murdered."


______________________________________________________________________
“They are preparing to transport the bodies to the morgue,” the police chaplin said in almost a whisper. “Someone from the police department will call you in the morning to assist you with the funeral arrangements. Susan, is there anything I can do for you?”



A thousand thoughts passed through my mind with lighting speed, but I was in shock, unable to speak.

That was in 1989 and I have been waiting to respond to that question since I began my work with victims of intimate partner violence and homicide a year or so after my parents died. Now, 20 years later, no one has ever asked again, is there anything I can do for you.

Yes, as a matter of fact, you can do something for me.

Before I lay out my request of what you can do for me, understand that for years in many ways I have been silenced from speaking out on first hand knowledge of what really is happening as it relates to victims of intimate partner violence and homicide. Those individuals know all too well what I am talking about. As they say, "shit rolls down hill."

If I were to lay everything out, my career would be over. I, too, would be silenced, like my mother. So over the years I had to learn the hard way to bite the side of my lip and do what I could for victims that resulted in successfully saving their lives.

When a system does what it always has done, the outcome never changes.

An example of this are the 147 murdered women and children from September 1 through September 27, 2010, these are the states they were killed in:

NE (2); NY (8); LA (1); AL (7); FL (20); AZ (4); TN (4); TX (17); VA (7); CA (6); UT (2); MI (6); WA (4); OH (8); SC (7); HI (2); MA (4); CO (3); PA (4); OR (4); MD (3); KY (6); NC (3); MO (1); MS (1); IL (9); NM (1); ID (1); MT (2).
Where is the outrage over 147 innocent women and children who were murdered by their intimate partners within 27 days?

What You Can You Do For Me?


If you currently hold a position as a bureau chief, head of the felony division at a district or state's attorneys office, work for the department of health and human services; are the head of a large communications company i.e. Verizon, AT & T, Sprint, Cellular One, make decisions at Avon, Xerox, MaryKay, Citibank, American Express, Chase Bank; are employed at Harpo Studio's, MSNBC, WSJ, CNN, Apple Computer, or you are with a major health care organization, university, private foundation or law school, if you are interested in thinking outside the box and to implement effective and life saving change, I can either be reached 312-675-2254 or by email at murphymilano@gmail.com.

I would very much like to stop the bloodshed and I need your help to do it.
Thank You.



Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit by Susan Murphy Milano from the Book "Time's Up" from Courage Network on Vimeo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...