Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brittanee Drexel: The Search Continues...









South Carolina, Saturday Morning January 29, 2011-the road
where the search was taking place for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel, 17 yrs old.


drexel-brittaneelg BRITTANEE-DREXELface-1 bdrexel

Brittanee Drexel pictured above vanished on April 25, 2009 leaving, according to video footage after leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

Long after a missing person's case is reported to law enforcement by a family, very few avenue's are available to them in terms of search and recovery. Especially after a case has gone cold.

Over the weekend, I was invited to attend the search for Brittanee Drexel. This is one of several that have been planned by the C.U.E. center for missing persons since she was reported missing. The organization has worked with law enforcement and the Drexel family on this case from day one.

Coming off main highway 17 we drove approximately 6 miles down unpaved, dirt roads until we reached old Georgetown road. For a few miles trailers, cars, horses, SUV 's and equipment lined up neatly along the side of the road. As we drove closer to the temporary command center you saw horses being prepared to search. And hundreds of law enforcement and volunteers preparing in teams to head out into the heavily wooded mapped out area's.

Below is where searchers gathered before heading out in teams of 2, 4, or 6










Gathered was over 200 trained volunteers from the C.U.E. for Missing Persons, North Carolina Canine Emergency Response Team, Sheriff's from Georgetown, Myrtle Beach and surround counties, law enforcement from Florida and other states, SLED and other mothers and fathers whose own children are still missing joined forces to search the heavily wooded area for over 2 days. Some searched by foot, with cadaver dogs, while other's used ATV's and horses to comb a specific mapped out area coordinated by Monica Caison.


(pictured is Monica Caison, founder of the C.U.E. Center for missing persons is going over maps with law enforcement officers.)








The experience of just being at the search site and witnessing a spark of hope in the eyes of the missing teenager's parents and grandparents spoke volumes to what the C.U.E. center for missing persons facilitates 365 days a year behind the scenes for families across the country.



Cue Center Mission:
To join efforts with all concerned, seeking closure of tragedies; as we remain in search of the missing.

Phone: (910) 343-1131
PO Box 12714
Wilmington, NC USA 28405
Website ---http://www.ncmissingpersons.org

Brittanee Drexel Important Details

Missing since: 04/25/09

Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: 10/07/91
Age at disappearance: 17
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5’0″
Weight: 103 lbs

Her ears and nose are pierced. Brittanee has blonde highlights in her hair. She was last seen wearing a white, black, teal, and gray top, along with black shorts, similar to the outfit pictured above. Brittanee was also wearing white flip flops.

Myrtle Beach Police Department (South Carolina) 1-843-918-1963

  • Susan Murphy Milano is with the Institute for Relational Harm Reduction and Public Pathology Education. She is an expert on intimate partner violence and homicide crimes. For more information visithttp://www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com/

    Susan is the host of a weekly crime show "Time's Up" profile's real-life unsolved and missing person’s cases featuring family members of unsolved crimes, missing persons and intimate partner homicides.

    She is the author of "Time's Up A Guide on How to Leave and SurviveAbusive and Stalking Relationships," available for purchase at the Institute, Amazon.com and wherever books are sold. Her weekly syndicated show can be heard on Here Women Talkhttp://www.herewomentalk.com/and she is a regular contributor to the nationally syndicated The Roth Show with Dr. Laurie Rothhttp://www.therothshow.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God bless the CUE CENTER and Susan Murphy Milano for all they do.

Keri Drexel said...

When my niece Brittanee Drexel went missing on April 25, 2009 the world had changed for myself and my family. It was a feeling that I couldn't explain. The fear, pain, suffering, emptiness, sleepless nights always, tiredless efforts and the wondering has been a life challenge everyday. I met Monica Caison the founder shortly after and I had learened what she did and about the Cue Center. At first I was confused and didn't understand exactly everything but as time went on I seen and been there during my niece's searches and seen everything thst the Cue Center does for a family. When something like this happens to a family this Tragedy noone knows what to do, how to respond,who to reach out to,how to act and who to trust. Monica has taught myself gradually just all those answers I had right from the beginning. Trust was a big part for me. When it has to do with a love one in my family whom is missing you only want the Best Search and rescue Team in the World to help us. Monica has made that happen for me and my family and I will say her tireless nights, days, endless support thru out my family even with my youngest niece brittanee's sister, the education and knowledge that she has taught me during this period of time. My niece is still missing as of today May 21st 2010 but without Monica and her volunteers and just herself being whom she is today I don't think we would of reached this level.The Cue Center has made a difference in my life. I have now grown strong and even help as a volunteer for the Cue Center to give back what Monica and her other volunteers do for my niece and my family. The greatest gift ever is to show how much i really appreciate all she does and how she keeps going till the end and when it is the end I can promise you she will still be there for me and my family!! Thank You Monica for all you do for me, my family and so many other families across the country. It's organization's like this "THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE". Love, Keri Drexel e

Unknown said...

Monica Caison and the Cue Center....what words can I use that will even do them justice? I am so thankful to be part of this organization with the opportunity to help make a difference. LYMI MC

Monica said...

241 Cyn

Greg-SEMSRT said...

I would like to say "Thanks" to Monica and everyone that participated in the search efforts for Brittanee. I'm the Cheif Commander of Southeastern Mounted Search and Rescue Team. Our team is very pleased to be part of CUE and to know Monica Caison. I have been involved with EMS, FIRE, and Police work for nearly 20 plus years. In that time I got a chance to be part of the CUE center and meet Monica. I'm glad to say that there is someone in this world like Monica that cares enough to help others. She has my support in any situation and she knows she can count on me and our group at any cost. Thanks Monica for being there for me and thanks for being the person that you are. Keep up the good work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...